Thursday, November 1, 2012

A visit from Sandy that is not my sister.


A visit from Sandy that is not my sister.

You wonder how I could find beauty in the Hurricane Sandy {or as it has been nicknamed: Frankenstorm} that hit the East Coast the week of October 29th??

Well the beauty I see is the coming together of neighbors and strangers to help each other. Whether it is with donations to Red Cross, local shelters or the sharing food & power. There were so many stories on the news, from the 19 year old that saw a tree down on a street in a neighbor he visits friends in but does not live in and he went back with a hand saw and spent Thursday cut it down to get off the road. Or the guys at Brunelleschi Construction {Kitchen Cousins} in Jersey City using their massive portable pump to go from home to home in Jersey City & Hoboken to pump out flooded basements & 1st floors. But the story that touched me the most was Mayor Corey Booker answering pleas via Twitter to check on people throughout the city of Newark, NJ. 

Many stories will come out  in the weeks to come and I find that is beauty in life to share. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Mayor Booker is an amazing guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ability to share such horrific information in a way that is so easily understanding for those of us far from the tragedy is something I find very kind and it humbles me and also makes me realize even more how Blessed I am. God Bless You Debra & I'm going to try to help in some way :)

    ReplyDelete